Monday, June 10, 2013

Gratitude Journal Monday

If you think it, it will come. So far, the summer weather around here has been looking a lot more like the beginning of Autumn. I've been wearing fleece jackets and closed-toe shoes (of all things) since summer break began. Even the house is confused as the these "summer" days have triggered the furnace heat to come on. Oh, goddess of summer, please come soon. You don't have to wait until June 21st, do you?  Days are a-wastin' and the outdoor pool is calling us. We just don't want to hear teeth chatter. We don't want to see lips turning blue. And, we don't want to wrap ourselves up in 3 towels just to stay warm during swim breaks. Come summer, do not be afraid. We welcome you like an old friend we've missed for far too long. And, I'll try to remember this post when it's 95 degrees, hot, humid, and I'm in the midst of healing a sunburn on my shoulders, wishing for Winter. It's OK summer, come anyways!
I'm waiting...

476. I am grateful for the simple gifts summer gives us.
477. I am grateful for ice cold lemonade on a hot summer's day.
478. I am grateful for the smell of sunscreen.
479. I am grateful for the ice cream truck and it's little tune, Music Box Dancer.
480. I am grateful for the char-grilled flavor of hamburgers and hot dogs - yum!

To read my gratitude journal beginnings, click here. I hope you are inspired to join me in my journey. You can begin right here, right now. Just leave a comment declaring some of your own thanks! Welcome to the club!

No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design