Friday, February 8, 2013

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 81.

Goodbye glorious week that just made me feel happy, simply happy.
Goodbye reflecting on that happiness and realizing it came about, not because something big happened in my life, but because I just lived life simply.
Goodbye naturally cleared driveway thanks to the rain and warmer temperatures.
Goodbye loving this fiction book (I know, shocking) I'm reading, given to me by a friend - thank you!
Goodbye to stepping out of my comfort-zone, trying new things, and throwing caution to the wind.

Hello feeling the joy of having really great friends.
Hello long weekend, thanks to parent/teacher conferences.
Hello being in a really good place in my life right now and wondering if I want to risk upsetting that with a change of focus.
Hello going to a Whirley Ball birthday party for one of my son's awesome friends.
Hello attending a smoochie baby shower at a primo Italian restaurant - yum and pass the cannoli.

The lesson I learned this week is how reflective I am as a person, and how non-reflective most people can be. I think about things A LOT. I analyze, I evaluate, I ponder on just about everything and yet, it's hard to find people who want to discuss on those epiphanies I so delight in exploring. Is it that most people aren't deep thinkers? Is it that they don't have the time to think into the deep crevices and corners of ponderance because the busyness of life has overtaken the dreaming parts of our brains? Maybe? But, I've got my thinking cronies and I love them with all that I am. The discussions are revolutionary, if I do say so myself. I will not change because it is who I am. At times I can find myself to be alone, but alone I will never be, really, as I'll always have my thoughts to keep me company.

Make sure your thoughts are the kind of company you want to keep. Happy Weekend! 
   

1 comment:

Craftberry Bush said...

Have a great weekend Lil...I also like to be deep from time to time...xo

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design