Thursday, January 24, 2013

Worth Passing On

Every so often I read another's blog post and feel compelled to pass on their wisdom because it really is that good. So good, in fact, I wish I had written it. But, even if I had, it wouldn't be as good as the person chosen to deliver that specific message. So, when these instances present themselves, I share what I read and I hope you, in turn, share what I share.

Janell Burley Hofmann wrote the post To My 13-Year Old, An iPhone Contract From Your Mom, With Love. It appeared in the Huffington Post and received much love from many readers. Although our home has yet to face the cell phone dilemma, it'll only be a few years until we have to have the discussion. Kiddo will be turning 11 this year and by 13, he'll be participating in after-school sports, heading out to games, etc. If there's a game cancellation, I'd like Kiddo to call or text the details before I head-out. That's just one example, but you get the point. Today, at the tender age of 10, his schedule is pretty much in my control. I know where he is at all times and an adult is present in every case; an adult with a cell phone, should the need arise. So, sorry Kiddo, no cell phone right now. But, I'm keeping this contract in my back pocket until then. Enjoy!

No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design