Friday, August 24, 2012

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 59.

Before school: Excited. After school: Exhausted.
Goodbye rockin' it the first week of school, but being sooo tired by the end of the day.
Goodbye lots of lunch-dates with girlfriends to catch up on lost time over the summer.
Goodbye bangs I used to love prior to a botched-up haircut - grow faster, grow faster.
Goodbye forty-eight hundred smackers of cold, hard cash as Super Hubby needs dental surgery.
Goodbye mid-week playdate that thrilled my son to no end - thanks for a great time!

Hello Friday night lights shining down on high school football players and screaming fans.
Hello birthday party sleep-over my son will be attending - can't wait to see how the Percy Jackson theme is pulled off!
Hello taking advantage of the time sans kiddo and having a date night (like I promised myself we'd do on my 40th birthday project).
Hello spending our date night with some friends that always bring laughter with them.
Hello squeezing in some more pool time before school bogs down our weekends.

The lesson I learned this week is how much I rely on school to give me time to keep balance in my life. Don't get me wrong, summer break was FAN.TAS.TIC! I wouldn't trade that time with my son, an easier pace, and ice cream indulgence, for anything - trust me. But during the summer, my house looks like this...
And, although that's OK for a couple of months, it's not the way I like to live my life or have my home the majority of the time. So, this week being the first week back at school, the vacuum was pulled out of the closet, the cleaning sprays and sponges were put back into action, and my house is semi-back to normal - almost. Yes, school does give me the time I need to do what needs to be done to keep me off of that Hoarders show. My home is open to guests, now, if you'd like to stop by for a spot of tea and scones. Welcome!

3 comments:

momto8 said...

my kids start Monday...so my house is not open for guests yet...I think we are ALL ready for school to start!
for me, I start the lunch dates with my girlfriends when school starts and I cannot wait. sometimes we do breakfast that lasts till lunch.
stinks about that dental surgery, unfortunately I know!
my husband had it//$5000 worth, out of pocket!
happy weekend!

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

LOL! That Hoarders show is an excellent motivational tool for doing housecleaning. I swear, after watching an episode all I want to do is clean something! Anything!

The CSI Girl said...

Following you from Mingle With Us Hop! I am enjoying your blog and You should come link up to The CSI Project this week. The challenge is Family Fun photography.
Come on over. each week is a new craft challenge!I know you will have fun participating in the challenges each week.
www.thecsiproject.com
dee@thecsiproject.com

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design