Monday, December 26, 2011

Gratitude Journal Monday

What a weekend, huh? I hope all your cups have runneth over from this past weekend's festivities. And, Happy Boxing Day, Canada! Us Americans have our own version; heading back to the stores for gift returns, exchanges, and putting all those gift cards to good use, taking advantage of after-holiday sales! Whatever you received yesterday wrapped up in ribbons and bows, I want to give a gentle reminder that all we have really is all we need. That was true on Saturday, Christmas Eve, and that is still true today, regardless what was waiting for you underneath the Christmas tree. If you are questioning this line of thinking like where was the million dollars I asked for, Santa, then it may be a wise move to start a Gratitude Journal. I hope you seriously think of starting one for the new year, if you haven't already. I'd love to travel on this journey together, with you. Want to learn more? Click here.

121. I am so grateful for the gift of family. My mom and dad spend Christmas Day with us year after year. My mom is in a wheelchair and it is a sheer struggle for her to even get into my small home, let alone get around once she is inside. I know it's an inconvenience, I know she feels trapped when she's at my house, but I want her to know how much I appreciate the sacrifice she makes to make me happy.


122. I am grateful for my dad and his willingness to play Wii Bowling with me. He's not that comfortable with new technology but his willingness to try is so much appreciated (hold down "B" THEN release to drop the ball, Tata).


123. I am grateful for a close family friend that spent the day with us, as well. He will never know how much his relationship with my family is valued and cherished and I cannot put into words how much we appreciate his presence in our lives everyday.


124. I am grateful for my sweet husband and his giving heart that is always in the right place. I love all my gifts, sweetheart, and I thank you for taking the time in your uber busy schedule to go shopping as I know you'd rather have a root canal than enter any store other than Apple.

125. I am grateful for God's selfless act that I don't think I could ever follow myself: "...For God so greatly loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son...(John 3:16).


What is a gift you have received to which you have been most grateful?

1 comment:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

The love of my family and the love of the family I married into. Thank you Guardian Angels!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design