Friday, August 5, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 6.

Goodbye summer golf lessons.
Goodbye sleepover at the grandparents' house (resulting in a new $40 Beyblade toy).
Goodbye new-school info coming at us at lightening speed. We're ready!
Goodbye unbelievable book from a friend that I couldn't put down titled The Shack.
Goodbye unforgettable first round of golf ever played with my boy.
 
Hello future golf outings with my son, my husband, and my dad, soon.
Hello spontaneity and openness to fun.
Hello enjoying every precious moment life gift's to us daily.
Hello canceled vacation weekend.
Hello not having it matter because we'll find our own fun at home, together.

This week I learned poor golf skills are not hereditary. My son did not genetically inherit my husband's or my bad golfing skills (thank goodness). Watch out, we could have a Pro on our hands! I also learned you don't go golfing on a 90-degree day without bringing water bottles and wearing a hat (duh!). We'll be better prepared next time.

Have any weekend plans that are just not panning out? Are you bummed or making the best of it?

No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design